Independence Day Neighborhood Parade & Picnic
July 4th at Witt Park on King’s Grant Road (where the ducks are)
Presented by the Kings Grant Community League
Join in the parade or come curbside with your flag to cheer the participants!
- Decorated bicycle contest (win a prize)
- Virginia Beach Fire Department
- Scout Honor Guard
- Vintage vehicles
- Strollers & scooters
- Riding lawnmower brigade (decorate and bring yours!)
- Walking patriots
- Remember the day at our flag raising ceremony
- Play the national anthem on your Kazoo
- Participate in a parade of canoes/kayaks/paddleboats
- Watermelon seed spitting contest (win a prize)
- Bubblegum blowing contest (win a prize)
- Recreate special flags from the days of the Revolution
- Cornhole games
- Music … and other fun you want to bring
- KGCL will provide grills & hot dogs/buns/condiments
- Bring your chair, picnic supplies, drinks and a dessert or salad if you want to share
Parade begins at 11am. Please arrive before 10:45am.
Picnic begins after the parade.
Witt Park (Kings Grant Road and Blue Ridge Ct)
Assemble in Blue Ridge Ct. Walk from Witt Park to Quimby Rd, around the loop to Watergate Ln, and return to the park (~1/2 mile).
If you drive to the event, please park along the public streets, but not directly alongside the park. For more information: www.kgcl.org and the KGCL Facebook page, or call Steve at 348-7920 or Mary Helen at 962-7884.